Thursday, October 11, 2007

NON-TOXIC CO-WORKERS

The message at church this past weekend had to do with dealing with "toxic" co-workers. Pastor Doug Fields (the handsome guy pictured here) from Saddleback taught the message, ending a series which included "toxic religion" and "toxic family members." Though the series might sound odd or negative, it really provided a fresh perspective on dealing with the more difficult (and sometimes downright evil) people that can enter our lives. How do we love them? When should we avoid them? It really was very practical. However, I found I had a difficult time relating. Normally I find Pastor Doug very engaging because he has a dry sense of humor and is able to convey much of what he intends to say in such a way that most anyone, regardless of their walk or talk, would listen. But for this one, I drifted....a lot. Why? Because I have the most wonderful group of co-workers on the planet. I would NEVER think of them as "toxic!" They are supportive, intelligent, funny, caring, knowledgeable and loving. We are all from different walks of faith, life and circumstance. I am proud to be a part of our growing group of psychologists. Really, through this series, all I could think about was how wonderfully blessed I have been. Honestly, at this point in my life, I really have no toxic family members nor co-workers. And for that I thank God with a heart full of gratitude.

1 comment:

  1. You ARE blessed! I don't have any toxic people at work, cause right now it's just me and my mom! LOL! But years ago, when I worked for a large bank, I had some difficult people around me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...