Monday, October 8, 2007

Once a 6-pound baby...


My 14-year-old son, I do believe, has grown at least 2 inches this week! When I first saw this photo, taken yesterday by my brother-in-law, I was a bit shocked looking at how he compares to my 5'10.5" 185 pound husband.
In the past 14 months I have lost about 15 pounds. Oddly, at times recently I have almost felt scrawny...a very novel feeling for me. However, I realized yesterday that the reason for this funky sensation in actuality has to do with the fact that my older son is now taller than me and outweighs me by probably 20 pounds! Instead of looking at my little boy, I am starting to look at a young man. Further, he is eating us out of house and home. My grocery bill has been outrageous lately. I never buy cookies, preferring to bake them on the rare occasions I permit them in the house, but I did buy Oreos the other day for some odd reason. Last night my husband and I realized that our older son had managed to polish off about 24 of them in a 2-day period! Hello? Not to mention YUCK! Since he will mow through just about anything, I believe I need to take this "opportunity" to buy large amounts of his favorite fruits and veggies. I will happily take any other suggestions too. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Steph! I know what you mean about growing boys. Mine are 25 and 23...and I remember thinking they would eat anything that wasn't nailed down! I'm with you...I'm trying to buy fruits and cutting out the sugars. NOT EASY!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...