Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Project Mexico






Jay informed today me that his photograph here is sitting in City Hall and he will receive an award this Saturday for his photo-essay entitled "How Can We Ignore This?"



Two years ago our family traveled to south Tijuana with my small group from church to help build a much-needed home for an impoverished family. We went again this past year to build another and Jay took this photo. I am amazed and proud of how this experience has worked in his heart. He always prays for the people of Mexico and I know he worries about their struggles, their lives so incredibly different from his own. Project Mexico was a life changing opportunity for me. I never realized the impact it would have on an 11-year-old boy.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...