Thursday, February 21, 2008

BEAUTY

Jay took this photo today while he was home sick from school. Actually, I had both boys home with what appeared to be two different types of illnesses! Meanwhile, I am sucking up zinc and Airborne as preventative measures. I do feel a bit tired, but isn't that typical of a working mom with a fitness addiction? :)

I went to the mailbox eagerly awaiting news that my mammogram was clear...but it was not to be found there. Two days ago, however, there was notice in that very box that Jay was granted an audition for the art school/OCHSA. He seems exicted and his portfolio looks to be WELL above average, but hey I am his biased mother, right? The whole thing is in God's hands anyway.

My older son Stephen has been so appreciative of me lately. Thanking me for things that normally would not require such, hugging me, listening to my advice for his life a bit more. This is such a hard stage for him, trying to manage all that he has on his plate. It is quite a bit like riding a roller-coaster with him and always has been. He was brutally disrespectful just days ago, resulting in a huge argument between he and Rich. Stephen does not see how condescending and rude he appears, even in his nonverbal behavior. And then the pendulum swings and all is right in his world and I notice how gorgeously handsome he is becoming and how tall and beautiful...but there is such a long way to go. However, I praised both boys today telling them how honest they are and how I like the way they are both growing up.

Tomorrow I have a huge work day and I need to be very vigilant and on-task there. I should pack up my lunch tonight and get everything organized to help me get out on time in the morning. My eating has been quite off lately, which just results in nothing positive, especially in my attitude. Both kids should be well enough to be back at school and Rich is flying in from a business trip....now. PTL.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...