Sunday, September 27, 2009

Design on a Dime

BIGGEST UPDATE:  This bathroom was renovated in 2012.  The blog post describing and documenting the renovation is here:  http://stephaniehallburns.blogspot.com/2012/06/master-bathroom-renovation-reveal.html

I was SO excited to have a comment on my Facebook page from the famous Kristan Cunningham of HGTV's Design on a Dime and designer for the Rachel Ray show. I had been struggling with my 1970s bathroom, unsure of how to update it without spending $20,000 to completely gut and remodel it, but for about $750 I went to work at it with paint, a lot of elbow grease, grout, new towels, a new area rug and a new shower door. I even bought two small valances for the windows for a song by searching "toile valances" on ebay. It is not a dream bathroom, but a big improvement. I took some of my old tarnished silver pieces and polished them up and voila! See what you think!

Updated note!  I apologize for the poor quality of photos in this post which was done before purchasing a decent camera.  If you click my header above, you will hopefully see an improvement in the blog and photo quality.  This bathroom will be remodeled hopefully in 2012!  Stay tuned.  :)










There is only so much one can do with "harvest gold" tile, but I am happy with how it turned out! :)
~Steph.

UPDATE:  here is my new master bath inspiration:  http://stephaniehallburns.blogspot.com/search/label/Master%20Bath

I have chosen some new tile and I am excited to begin transforming this space!  Hopefully I will be posting on a new and improved bathroom by summer!  :D

5 comments:

  1. hi, how are you? synthroid online [url=http://dotnet.org.za/members/cheap-synthroid-online.aspx]cheap synthroid[/url] http://dotnet.org.za/members/cheap-synthroid-online.aspx online

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bathroom looks great! The toile valance seems to match the gold tile really well. I once had a bathroom that had pale yellow tile (not too bad) and blue tub, toilet and sink. Ugh. It was so much worse than it sounds. So I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what it looked like before, but this is a dream bathroom now. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THX for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...