Saturday, April 24, 2010

DESIGN SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



(rendering courtesy of www.tinyhome.com)

IT IS FINALLY TIME!

On the "bucket list" for years has been the yearning to study real design. With both boys in high school next year, it's finally time. I may fall flat on my face, but I will approach returning to school with grace, humility and excitement. All I do in my spare time is look at beautiful architecture, beautiful photography, beautiful interiors, and the talent of those capable of putting it all together.

From my many years of work as a school psychologist, I have a desire to improve spaces for children that are in group homes...to make them more happy and peaceful and hopeful. If I end up having any talent at all in this area, I will purpose to help others with it in some capacity. Simple, frugal, balanced, and beautiful design...that will be my aim.

It will be quite different from graduate school in psychology, no doubt. :) My first class begins May 4! Here I go!

2 comments:

  1. Steph,

    Thank you for the 2 websites/blogs you recommended I look at in your comment on The Lettered Cottage. I like both of them a lot! Also...I'm looking forward to hearing about Design School! I hope you don't mind if I tune in. :)

    -Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

    Alena

    http://smallbusinessgrant.info

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...