Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Homemade Pita Chips



Lately I have been craving hummus. I've been on a different path the past few weeks. I think it has something to do with this. Found myself unable to cut chicken up the other day, indeed. But I digress. SO......when my youngest son asked me to make these baked pita chips, I was all for it. I mean, what goes better with hummus than pita chips, carrots and tomatoes? So here is the recipe:

Take a package of good quality pita bread and separate each so it becomes two circles by using scissors around the edge. Then cut each circle into about 6-8 chip pieces depending on the size that "interests" you. Lay on a baking pan inside-side UP. Brush with EVOO (thank you Rachel Ray...I wonder if I could ever go back to calling it simply olive oil?) and sprinkle with kosher (coarse) salt and pepper. Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes. Everyone loves them and they are healthier this way. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...