Friday, July 30, 2010

First Design School Project/Writer's Retreat in Carmel, CA




For my first design school project and presentation, I was simply given a fictitious client's favorite color: a lovely aqua blue. It was then my job to draft a space plan, and choose all the fabrics, furnishings, paint colors, flooring, window treatments, art and accessories (have I left anything out?) for the space. I chose to draft the plan as a cottage in Carmel-by-the-Sea for a female writer to use as a working space and second home. My design concept was primarily traditional furnishings with a feminine touch, an analogous color palette with blues and greens complementing neutrals, and clean, uncluttered lines. The fabrics I chose were mainly from Schumaker and Brunshwig and Fils. Furnishings were by Kravat, Pierre Deux, Thomas Pheasant (Baker), Jan Showers, Mitchell Gold, and Jonathan Franc. A smattering of the materials are on my presentation boards. Yep, I got an A. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...