Friday, January 28, 2011

Arugula


Just so that I don't forget, I am going to write down what I added to my salad tonight, because it was fantastic!  Here is what I threw together:

*  arugula
*  nonfat feta
*  finely chopped raw broccoli and cauliflower
*  about 2 ounces of low sodium deli turkey
*  maybe a tablespoon of raisins
*  champagne pear salad dressing ready made from Trader Joe's
*  freshly ground black pepper

Perfect combo of savory and sweet and very healthy.  Arugula has amazing cancer-fighting properties and is one of those greens that keeps you feeling fuller longer.  Super healthy and super tasty!

Enjoy.  :)

photo courtesy:  Sunset Magazine


1 comment:

  1. LOVE arugula!!
    my favorite lettuce.
    i love it with just olive oil, lemon juice, really strong, stinky parmesan, and fresh cracked pepper.

    the only thing missing is the italian riviera.

    kisses!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...