Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Beautiful Bedrooms and Lamp Improvement Step 2

Yesterday, I purchased new shades for my newly-repainted lamps. The old shades were starting to look a bit tired, and I wanted something a touch more interesting. SCALE is very important to consider when choosing bedside lamps for a 4-poster bed. Most lamps look tiny and wimpy next to our expansive-looking bed.

I would love to completely redecorate our bedroom, but this is it's current state...with it's "new" lamps. :) My husband also removed the finials on top of our bed so that it looks more modern and less "country" now.

Here is the BEFORE:


Here is the AFTER of the lampification:



Just for fun, here are some beautiful photos of bedrooms that I LOVE:


Sigh! I love the board and batten as well as the wonderful symmetry.

Also, this:

Lovely! And this:


I am not sure who designed the first bedroom pictured above. The second belongs to Heather Chadduck, and the third is that of Amy Meier.

Amy also has this TO DIE FOR amazing green lamp in her bedroom:


Amy was recently featured in Better Homes and Gardens and is VERY talented for such a youngster! :)

Hope everyone has a beautiful day!

3 comments:

  1. Hi!

    The first bedroom belongs to my friend Erin at RareandBeautifulTreasures.com! :-)
    She shot that photo for me to use in an HGTV.com article I wrote. LOVE THAT PIC! :-D

    So nice to meet you today!
    Layla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lamp shades are great for home improvements. They provide the room with the ample amount of light and also serve as a home decor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its so beautiful. Its very interesting and wonderful. I'll be looking forward for your next post.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...