Thursday, January 27, 2011

Kindness


Sometimes things can get overwhelming and right now there is quite a "list" going on for me.  I have also been suffering with migraines which I believe are also stress-related.  Today I poured my list out to a trusted colleague friend and her kindness nearly had me in tears.  Sometimes I think women, especially working moms, and particularly those such as myself in a helping profession, can tire of ceaselessly caring for everything and others all the time without another person to really care for us in a similar way.  It really means a lot (and I mean A LOT!) when a fellow friend goes out of their way to check on me, to extend some small kindness or their listening ear.

Is there anyone you know who needs your sweet kindness right now? 

"Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work.  If one falls down, his friend can help him up..."  (Eccl.4:9)

1 comment:

  1. so true miss steph.
    in fact, i just fired off an email this morning to one of my many bosses about using "the power of kindness and compassion" in my class rather than admonishment or ridicule.
    i wish more people understood how much more a smile and hug can empower a person rather than a lecture or an insult.
    i'm sending you love and support.
    love,
    katie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...