Monday, January 31, 2011

Reuse, recycle.....

My boys like to use this "Study Buddy" to lean against for reading and homework on occasion, but it had begun sporting a really sad look, thanks to it's heavy use and "stellar" construction. 

I was going to get another one, when my eldest, a die-hard environmentalist and minimalist, suggested I actually try to fix it instead.  Now, I might have a pretty good eye for design, but I am really NOT that crafty.  My mother, an amazing seamstress, tried her best....but I honestly lacked the patience to sew.  But my son insisted that it would be better for the world if I saved this item from yet another pile of garbage somewhere.


So....I sewed up the very bad rip as best I could and then, using no-sew fusion tape, ironed this random lone piece of cheetah fabric I had thrown in my basket amidst the lovely Braunshwig and Fils and Schumacher swatches I had collected in design school. 

Here it is in it's improved state, sporting a Kindle, a very generous gift received for Christmas.


I am laughing that I am blogging about something so elementary in the craft department!  Thanks for indulging me.  :)

1 comment:

  1. i like it, besides for the fabric. but its soft. :D fish face (:I)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...