Monday, January 17, 2011

When what you've got is good enough. :)

I am married to a man who does not like a lot of change. This includes changing furniture, particularly when the furniture is serving a purpose, no matter how dated. I, on the other hand, LOVE change. I love to re-arrange the house, change accessories, etc. I would love to move to a "new" old house and completely transform it, but now is not the season of life for that. :)

So recently, I spotted a gorgeous tufted leather sofa in a consignment shop in Newport Beach. It was used, but in really good shape. I took a photo of it with my blackberry, but I have since deleted it...although it looked a bit like this:




*sigh*

Well, the husband *did* like it, but even second-hand, the price tag was a big high and he questioned waiting until the kids were older....lol, I might add that they are now 15 and 17 and no longer try to climb on things around the house....

But, because he is so thoughtful, he decided to take it upon himself to saddle-soap our existing sofa. This is the result:







Not bad! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...