Saturday, February 5, 2011

Olive Oil Muffins


My husband asked that I stop baking treats for a while....I do believe I had gotten on a roll because I tend to bake when I am anxious or stressed in some way and, fortunately, most of that anxiety has passed now. 

So, after work yesterday and as part of a meal, I decided to make these fairly wholesome muffins.  Honey is used instead of sugar and whole wheat flour instead of white.  This was the first time I made them, and I think I would add blueberries next time.  They are not very sweet and could go with a soup or stew, but honestly they are so filling that one muffin is enough for a meal!

Recipe:

1 C milk (I used nonfat)
1 egg
1/2 C of olive oil
1/2 C organic honey
2 1/4C whole wheat flour
1 t. sea salt
1 t. baking soda
1 t. baking powder

Bake at 400 for 15 minutes.  Makes 12.  Add chocolate chips if you want them to fall into the "treat" department.  :)

1 comment:

  1. I made these over the weekend with organic blueberries and they were awesome! My husband likes them because they are not too sweet. However, I have also made them with chocolate chips on the top and they are really good that way. Overall, the recipe is tasty, healthy and inexpensive too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...