Tuesday, March 15, 2011

St. Patrick's Day Wreath

I used to be a crafty type.  Not so much anymore....especially living with three males!  But last week I took an old St. Patrick's Day wreath that was rather "tacky" and embellished with all sorts of countrified (is that a word?) buttons and ribbons and I tried to both simplify and glam it up.  It is now hanging from our light fixture outside the front door.




After I removed the rather "tacky" embellishments (no other way to describe them), I painted it's kelly green-ness a lighter green followed by a blast of silver.  Not wanting to spend a dime, I already had the piant in the garage from one of artsy's son's many projects.




Once dry, I searched the house for a silver bow.  This was the best I could come up with without going off to a store for one:  the handles from a silver gift bag:








Just a *little* festive.  :)

Happy upcoming St. Patrick's Day!  Please share your special plans for the day.  And thanks to those of you who have been reading this blog.  I realize it does not have much of a "theme," but that pretty much sums me up right now...adult onset ADD, which only happened after having children (all good, of course).

Smiles, love, peace and blessings, 
Steph.  :)

1 comment:

  1. no real St. Patrick's Day plans...
    :)
    maybe corned beef take out?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...