Friday, March 4, 2011

The World as Art


I have been tweaking my living room.  New area rug.  New plantation shutters.  My wingback chairs should be reupholstered by the end of next week (although I am thinking of trading them out for a chair from the family room).  But then I found this amazing, HUGE map.  I decided to purchase it and will frame it as art.  It may actually be too big to go over my piano, but I'd like to try it there.  I know it's a bit atypical for a formal living room.  :)   If you're not sure, it is of southern California.  Found here if interested.

3 comments:

  1. We are both suckers for maps, I see! There is just something about the shapes and colors on maps, and the fact that looking at a map can bring back floods of memories.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color in the map Steph! I also love the Carmel Beach at the top of you blog! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...