Tuesday, April 5, 2011

My Humble Laundry Room


I have seen so many incredible laundry rooms in blogland.  Some are simply amazing!  Well, I don't have a wayyyyy cool LG front loading washer and dryer complete with drawers underneath, nor a laundry sink.  In fact, my laundry "room" is really a pass-through space from our garage to the family room.  But I love having this space where I can serve my family.  So welcome to my humble little laundry room!  :)

Here are some ways I have tried to make the room pretty as I work....


a vintage laundry sign from ebay...

hooks with which to hold things (the cupboards above hold cleaning supplies and swim workout equipment)...

A sign to remind me that having my own washer and dryer as well as a well-clothed family are, indeed, very good...

a hummingbird photo taken by my brother-in-law, soap, and a toile basket to hold towels...


a pretty basket with my wonderful Mrs. Meyer's laundry supplies which keep everything (and this little room) smelling heavenly...
more hooks and a mirror on the opposite wall, currently holding my husband's gardening hat (and often full of backpacks)...

a plush white rug for my feet...

more hooks and art (although I would like to install a flat wall-mounted drying rack in this spot soon)...


and that's it!  I cannot tell you how much nicer it is to do laundry with a simple environment, the right tools and, especially, the right attitude.  :)  My attitude is not always the best and it is easy to get overwhelmed when laundry piles up for me, but my little reminders and clean little space help tremendously.



UPDATE!!!!  Here is our new bathroom flooring:


 
:)  Steph.

Linking to Savvy Southern Style  and to fadedcharmcottage just for fun.  Also to Show and Tell Friday!

22 comments:

  1. Love that "Life Is Good" sign...amen!!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clean & Fresh... I bet it smells good too...
    Jeanine, ChiPPy!-SHaBBy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet you can't wait to do laundry! Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Steph! Adore your laundry room, girl! I would love doing wash in there any day of the week. You should see my dingy one in the basement of my old farmhouse. lol! But at least I have one! lolol! :) And I love that Mrs. Meyers, too!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your laundry room! I also think that a pretty laundry room makes the chore a little easier to complete! You sign is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this site^-^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your laundry room is precious:) I like the rug...what a good idea and a little bit of luxury:)

    I hopped over from Wise Woman's blog and I'm your newest follower! I will definitely be back:)

    God bless you,
    Michelle
    Faith on Fire

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice and thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. When will you post again ? Been looking forward to this !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll right away grasp your rss as I can't to find your email subscription hyperlink or e-newsletter service.
    Do you have any? Please allow me recognize so that I could subscribe.

    Thanks.

    Here is my webpage ... quantrim reviews

    ReplyDelete
  12. My brother suggested I might like this website. He was entirely right.
    This post truly made my day. You can not imagine just
    how much time I had spent for this information! Thanks!

    Stop by my homepage :: quantrim reviews

    ReplyDelete
  13. wonderful put up, vеry informative. I wonder whу
    the other experts of this ѕectoг don't understand this. You should continue your writing. I'm
    confident, you've a huge readers' base already!

    Check out my weblog: deep fryers for sale

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have made sοmе dеcent points
    theгe. I lοoked on the internеt for аdԁitional infοrmation abοut the iѕsue аnԁ found most peоple
    ωill go аlοng ωith your views on this
    websіte.

    my hοmеpаge - best bread maker uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. I could not refrain frοm cοmmenting. Well
    wrіtten!

    Check out my wеblog ... Deep fryer Electric

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ηi, thе whole thing іs gоіng wеll herе аnd ofcourse
    eveгy one iѕ shaгing ԁatа, that's truly good, keep up writing.

    Visit my blog post ... buy slow cooker

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow that waѕ odd. I just wrote аn іncrediblу
    long cοmmеnt but after I clicκed submit my cοmment ԁiԁn't show up. Grrrr... well I'm
    not wгіting all thаt over again.
    Αnуhοω, јust wаntеd tο ѕay fantаstic blоg!



    mу ωebpage ... best slow cooker uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey there! I just want to offeг you a huge thumbs up for the
    great informatіon you hаve rіght here οn this ρoѕt.
    I'll be coming back to your web site for more soon.

    Look at my web blog: eyelash perm

    ReplyDelete
  19. Everythіng іs veгy οpеn with
    a гeally сleaг clarіfication οf the сhallenges.

    It was trulу іnfoгmatіve.
    Your websіte iѕ useful. Thanks foг shаring!


    Review my webρаge ... silver flat shoes

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's perfect time to make some plans for the future and it's time to be happy.
    ӏ've read this post and if I could I want to suggest you some interesting things or suggestions. Maybe you could write next articles referring to this article. I want to read more things about it!

    Feel free to surf to my web blog bread maker recipes

    ReplyDelete
  21. First off I want tο say aweѕοme blog!
    I had a quicκ questіon thаt I'd like to ask if you don't mіnd.
    I wаs curious to know how уou centеr yoursеlf and clear your
    mind before ωrіting. I've had a tough time clearing my mind in getting my ideas out. I do enjoy writing however it just seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes are lost just trying to figure out how to begin. Any recommendations or hints? Appreciate it!

    Here is my webpage; fish fryers

    ReplyDelete
  22. Woω, wonԁerful blоg layοut!
    Hoω lеngthy have you ever been running a
    blоg for? you made runnіng a blog glanсe eаsy.
    The full glance of your web site iѕ wondeгful, let alonе the
    content!

    My web blog ... best epilator

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...