Tuesday, April 19, 2011

New things for the house

Hello!  A while back, I did a short post on these amazing maps that I found online.  Well, I ordered a HUGE map of southern California and then had it adhered to foamboard and framed.  Have I mentioned it is huge?  Here it is:

 I decided to place it in a large section of wall in our entryway.  We have vaulted ceilings in our entry/living/dining (it's really all one space-cira 1979).  It makes a nice impact and is still fairly visible since the map is so large (kind of hard to get a shot looking UP!):

I am happy with the map and it brings in some interesting color to the space as well.

I also ordered this lavender pillow from Maria at Dreamy Whites.  It is made from vintage French linen and smells heavenly.  It looks great on our bed:


Fun, huh?  The pillow gave me my dishtowel turned napkin idea (see blog from yesterday!). 

By the way, if you have not seen Maria's blog, it is very beautiful!  Check it out here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...