Monday, June 27, 2011

Family Room Ideas

I have been looking at my family room for a while thinking it needs a change.  The brown leather sofa, which everyone has loved, has been loved to death.  And our red brick fireplace may need painting (I am actually thinking of simply painting the brick a nice taupe and leaving the beautiful dark mantle in place).  Today I played around a little on polyvore to get an idea of what might work with the existing pieces.  I am thinking a black leather sofa and one of those amazing bergere chairs (to read about my love of these chairs you may look at my post on bergere chairs) plus perhaps a new coffee table.  We already have french doors and a lovely, large mahogany armoire.  Unfortunately, I recarpeted this room not too long ago (maybe 3 years ago?) in an expensive earthy taupe-y-green.  This might kill any longings of aqua inserted into the room.  But if I have the neutrals all in place, I can work with it by using more yellows or greens as accent colors.  I will post a picture of my family room as it looks today soon, but here is a photo of the current sofa.  Any thoughts?   :)
Family Room Ideas
Family Room Ideas by StephBurns on Polyvore.com

linking to http://savvysouthernstyle.blogspot.com/ and http://fadedcharmcottage.blogspot.com/  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...