Monday, July 25, 2011

25th Anniversary and Beautiful Ojai, CA!


My husband and I have been married 25 years!  Yes, we did marry youngish by today's standards, but yes, we are definitely getting up there as well!  It is hard to believe how 25 years have flown by.  Our sons are now 15 and 18!

We wanted to go somewhere restful to celebrate and chose Ojai, California, about a 2-3 hour drive from home.  It was tranquil to say the least.  We stayed at a Bed and Breakfast retreat that had no television (YAY) and was extremely peaceful.

Here is the view from our room (sorry the picture is a bit overexposed):


and this is the view from our private patio area....look at the lovely mountains!  They are part of the Los Padres National Forest.  The stars at night were unbelievable!


A lovely waterfall fountain...











I loved this beautiful gate and quickly snapped a shot of it just as a surveillance camera started to point at me ominously...


Pictures from a hike we took....


We sat down to rest for a minute and to drink some water, and when I glanced over my husband's shoulder I saw this HUGE cow just laying there all docile like about 5 feet from us!  :)



Signs of an ancient vineyard...


This is Lake Casitas.  The water was the most amazing turquoise I think I have ever seen in the US!



Beautiful shadows on the mountain range...


There were huge live oaks all around.  I don't think I have even seen one live oak in Orange County!


Before dinner....we ate at a fabulous restaurant, Suzanne's Cuisine.  The setting was gorgeous and the heirloom tomato salad was one of the best salads I have ever eaten.


An outside fireplace at the hotel...




Beautiful flowers everywhere...


Below is one of the bouquets on the breakfast table...the roses were so unique!



On our last day we drove out to a lavender farm (with hubby kicking and screaming all the way and he ended up LOVING the experience).  It looked like a postcard from France with all the lavender and beautiful farms and mountains surrounding.  The couple that own this farm were some of the most interesting people we had talked to all weekend and we must have spent an hour with them learning about their lives...




For a measly $5 I cut a huge batch of lavender!


This was one of the most gorgeous horses I have ever seen, a Palomino named PAL.  Love the side swept blond bangs!  :D


Thanks for coming on this little adventure!  We had a fabulous time and I highly recommend a trip to this little town!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Steph!

    Thank you for sharing your Ojai anniversary with all of us.
    Steve and I are so excited to start our new adventure in this magical town.
    Thank you for the restaurant recommendation. We will definitely try Suzanne's in the near future.

    xo
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...