Friday, July 1, 2011

New Additions

I am very fortunate to have about 10 weeks off during the summer.  This has been a HUGE perk of my often challenging job.  The hard part is that I have lots of time to be home, imaging just what I might do next to love my house more.  So far, I have been pretty restrained since we will be having work done on our front yard. 

I have managed to get a new umbrella for our very sunny back patio.  My husband loves to read here...


I also needed to make a purchase exchange and ended up with new place mats for the patio table.  I like the way they match my orange-y scheme this year...


An inexpensive planter from a cute little antiques shop...


And this wonderful little garden table!  It was a steal.  I put it in the living room for now...


I doubt I will leave it where it currently is, but it lends a bit of summer to the space and is convenient for books and coffee mugs!


Summer can be tough for me as I lack the paycheck I earn during the school year but have lots more time for spending money, so I try to make slow, deliberate decisions for the most part, although this little table was an impulse buy.  The problem with me now is that I keep looking at my family room and visualizing all sorts of expensive glam there!  Now I am researching all kinds of beautiful sofas.  I wonder if I'll ever change?  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...