Saturday, July 16, 2011

Non-Stained Glass Window


When we bought our 1979 house in suburbia in 1995, this window was an eye sore.  Yes, it was a stained glass window.  However, it was rather cheap and tacky looking, sporting a yellow rose.  I would cringe looking at it, but began calling it our "yellow rose of Texas" in an effort to at least feel slightly more fond of it.  

Changing the window was one of the first things I worked on after we moved in.  I suppose I could say I  I DESIGNED the window, but that would be pushing it a bit.  Rather, I copied a fairly traditional and basic design, added a few elements, and chose various pieces of glass with a talented stained glass guy at my side to do the work.  At the time, I was 7 months pregnant and trying to nest in a hurry!

So the stained glass dude did as I asked.  No color.  I wanted it timeless.  Now, 16 years later, I am so glad I "designed" this window as I did! 

Here is another shot of it:


More recently, we replaced our front door.  I chose to keep this theme going!  :)

Here is the inside view...



And the outside...


As a side note, I have had a black front door now for about 2 years and I love that I chose this color!  It compliments our paint color fabulously, and it makes a nice dramatic statement (I think!).

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week!


linking here today...and... here and here and here!

5 comments:

  1. Ladylike Post. This transmit helped me in my university assignment. Thanks Alot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the window! Yes, definitely timeless. My front door is similar design to this, such a joy to see all the beautiful prisms shining through when the sun hits it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so grateful that you linked up in this week's Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop :) This awesome post totally rocked the party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. After looking at many houses, a beautiful stained glass window panel, transom, sidelight or door helps people remember your house. When selling your house, your stained glass piece will certainly contribute to closing the sale.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...