Monday, August 15, 2011

Temecula Wineries



This past week was to be our family vacation in Northern California; however, a very sick Miss Bear forced a STAYcation this year. Fortunately, one emergency vet visit and a barrel-full-o-meds worked wonders on our 13 year old precious Golden Retriever. Thank God.

One of the STAYcation activities was wine tasting in Temecula. Our 18 year old son was pronounced the Designated Driver and we had a grand time. We visited Stuart Cellars, Wiens, and Renzoni. I purchased a beautiful print at Renzoni which I have framed for the dining room. Lunch was had at Harry's Pacific Grill prior and was very tasty.


Some scenes from the day trip...


I loved this beautiful old arbor...


Designated Driver seated on a reclaimed wine barrel wood chair... 


The hubs tasting...




I swear he did not have any wine....



I liked these boxwoods in barrels and plan to replicate the idea with some modifications ;)














I am a bit of a Napa/Sonoma snob even though I am not much of a wine drinker, but this little trip was fun and only about an hour away.  We will be returning soon.  :)



 

4 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite things to do, especially in the fall...looks like you had a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lucky you are to live so close to wineries! We had to cross the country to visit some! I live on the east coast. We have a few wineries in the next state, but it's not the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this looks so lovely. I would love for you to stop by My Dream Canvas. Take care Anu

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've never been to that part of the country and it just looks gorgeous. What a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...