Monday, September 12, 2011

Tray Love

Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful. -William Morris




Similar to my topiary issues I have tray love.  :)  Once I began corralling various treasures in trays, I quickly became enamored with the neat and organized look thus produced.  I use them for many purposes and thought I would share a peek at some of my collection.



Above, books sit atop a tray on an upholstered bench in the living room.


Silver trays polished up and ready for use.


A pretty white ceramic tray in the kitchen, often used for displaying various treats as well...



An olive green lacquered tray used in the family room on the old coffee table for books and magazines...




The coffee bar tray (my favorite area of the kitchen!)...

And below is a new tray purchased in Carmel, CA on a recent trip.  It was made in Thailand of reclaimed wood and I really love it...



Next up is one I just ordered from One Kings Lane (here is a tiny preview!):

Aged Metal Serving Tray w/ Rope Handles

So I have topiary issues and tray love.  Next may very well be urn love/issues.  :D


linking (please check out these great blogs!):




3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed seeing the different uses for your trays. I especially liked the coffee station :) I love coffee! I am your newest follower and look froward to reading more of your blog. Hope you can visit me sometime soon.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Fancy bird cage lamps
    is made of an art glazed wrought iron and is reminiscent of a bird cage with a filigreed flourish at the top. The soft, grayish green color would blend in with the muted tones of a bedroom, but it would also look lovely on an end table in a living room.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...