Sunday, October 2, 2011

A little more Fall Decor...


Well I tweaked my fall mantle a little bit (you may click on any photo to enlarge).....

Last week it looked like this (here is my post from last week!):


but then I spotted these little wheat bundles for 99 cents each in front of an Asian market while walking by with my younger son on Friday:


So I bought them and simply adorned them with my orangey-rust fall metallic ribbon and voila!  I think they look great.  All for 2 bucks!

Next I added a simple wreath to our black front door....  


As time has moved forward, I have become much more restrained in my design and it has been a huge improvement since things are more classic, simple, and always less cluttered now.  I mean, why must I display every little orange item from the Halloween collection in my garage each October?  Many times, restraint is the key to good design-I have a longstanding history of getting it wrong, so it's nice when it feels "right."



And for fun, I added a small bit of fall to our large front yard urn:


It's not a great photo, but you can see that the front yard is growing since it's installation (which you may read about here if interested).

It's been very hot here lately (I was quite tempted to use the AC this weekend), and not feeling at all like fall, but these little changes help us get in the mood just a little!

Have a wonderful week!


linking to:





6 comments:

  1. Love all your fall touches! Just found you via Debbie's newbie party. I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a beautiful front door, and love that wreath. I agree with you sometimes less is more. Found you via the Newbie Party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks superb! Your wreath is very pretty too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Steph, I'm a new follower via Debbie Doos party. I am loving your black door and it is tempting me to paint mine black, too. Love your mantle and hearth decor. Hope you visit and follow my blog, too. Thanks!
    Helen of Helen's Decor

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your decorations are charming! it is amazing how a simple touch can brighten a room.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...