Sunday, December 18, 2011

Signs of Christmas here and there....

I've kept Christmas decorations very simple this year...in fact, I did not even put up my beautiful and monstrous faux tree.  My older son requested a "real tree" since he seems to think this will be his "last Christmas home" (I don't know if he realizes that he will have a winter break from college next year...hello?).  In any event, we ended up settling on a real LIVE tree that we can replant when we are finished enjoying it in our home.  I have been so busy and singlehandedly do all of the decorating for Christmas each year, so this was something of a welcomed relief!

On our fireplace mantel I placed the wooden manger that my mom found for me many years ago...it is rustic but I do love it so!


Under the manger is our little live tree...


A few things here and there adorn the house...some of you may recall my "TOPIARY ISSUES" (as seen below, haha)...



This snow globe was found at Target a couple of years ago... 



Simple poinsettias are scattered around...


I had difficulty shooting the front door because of a massive shadow today during the sunny portion of an otherwise cloudy day!  The garland was purchased many years ago at the Home Depot and has been well loved...


My mom sent me this awesome carved Santa Star a few years back...



Fun ribbon can add a festive touch to anything...



Last night we drove down to BEAUTIFUL DANA POINT to check out the boat parade!  It was freezing (by SoCal standards), but fun to watch.....these shots are not great but give an idea.  :)




This week I am off from work and the kids are off from school.  Tomorrow is a planned pajama day.  :)  I hope to make some treats to give away and work on more organization.  The house has just gotten out of control with work, school, kids, home, and my other issues!  However, today I began to tackle the garage and tomorrow I have some cabinets in mind....baby steps, right?  Anyone else????

Christmas thoughts to all,
Steph.

Linking:

3 comments:

  1. I love love love your Christmas decor!! I especially like your front porch. SO inviting!!

    I'm your newest follower! I would love for you to come by my blog and follow me back if you get a chance :). Found you through Debbiedoos newbie party.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Emily! Your blog is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Holiday decor. Merry Christmas to you and your family. Thanks for linking up to my newbie party.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...