Saturday, January 14, 2012

Master Bedroom Reveal

Back in November of 2012, I posted some master bedroom inspiration (apparently I deleted this post, though!).  Our master bedroom is actually quite large, which is nice on the one hand...but on the other, it tends to become a clutter of books, papers, laundry, and other loveliness.  ;)  I wanted a more streamlined look, something cleaner.

The former color scheme was primarily yellows and reds, a bit on the country French side, with a dark green four poster bed.  The room took a while to transform, as I first tried staining the bed and then when that wasn't working well I realized that I needed to start over and sand and paint it.  My husband and I also painted the room, and then I hemmed and hawed about the bed linens and art for quite a while until I made some decisions.  This was a slow project for me, as I love to transform a space and get impatient!  But I think (hope?) the patience payed off. 

Here is what we have so far!  It is a more simple, glamorous and clean space.


 The bed and mirror are the focal point.  I like how the mirror reflects my white bathroom as well!


 Bed linens and mirror on sale from Ballard Designs (I should have stock in this company for sure!)...


Below is a shot as you enter the room.  There is one very large window in the room.


My desk below which was a gift from my husband for my 29th birthday!  Funky lampshade from HomeGoods.


My bedside table...I realize that a black or even white table would look much better, but I cannot seem to bring myself to paint this wood (*yet anyway*)...



On my husband's side, I re purposed an old pillow's fabric to recover his desk chair (not showing anyone his desk piled with papers at the moment! ;)  The chair was purchased in an antiques shop in Ft. Worth, Texas many years ago...



That's about it for now!  I will be adding more art to the opposite wall and I am considering some kind of organizational piece for my husband's clutter, perhaps something with a door to close!


SO  HERE IS THE "BEFORE" SHOT....



AND HERE IS THE "AFTER"...


My old bed linens were donated and much of the art was moved to other portions of the house and/or room.  Please let me know what you think?  Just looking at these photos makes me want to make even more improvements to the room, but I want to be careful with my decisions as I hope to move to a small cottage-like home in the future (preferably by the beach or with a view of some mountains!).  ;)

Thanks for stopping by!
Steph.



22 comments:

  1. Your bedroom makeover looks fantastic! Much more modern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely more modern and I love the mirror! It looks fab with the rest of your decor:) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful after! I adore the mirror. Ballard you say? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! Love the black and white. I am working on getting my bedroom changed over to those same colors. What made me like it was a JCPenney ad with the same bed you have. It's beautiful.
    I am a new follower via Debbie's Newbie party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love what you've done in your bedroom so far. So sleek and lovely.
    Your newest follower, Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your transformation. A great transitional look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the makeover!!! Visiting from Between Naps on the Porch :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful bedroom makeover, your mirror is to die for... I'm a new follower, drop by for a visit when you can.

    ReplyDelete
  9. modern, classy and romantic. Very nice job!

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! I love your bedroom makeover. The black and white goes with the black bed. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love, love, love the black and white. Fabulous room and your fabric choicesa re stunning. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really enjoyed seeing your room. Love your fabric selection.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your room looks great! I love the pillows.
    Eilis
    my-heart-lives-here.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the black and white! Your room is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE the mirror! It accents black and white perfectly!! Great job!! I would love for you to come share today over at Passionatelyperfect.com!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your makeover looks wonderful!! Love the fabrics you chose- I host a decorating link party at my blog on the weekends if you would like to come share sometime!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. this looks excellent! i love mirrors and this one is fabulous! Not Your Ordinary Recipes

    ReplyDelete
  18. What an amazing makeover! I have to believe that it brings a smile to your heart each time you walk into the room. You did a beautiful job Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW, thank you all so much!!! XXOO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It is so serene and peaceful and there was nothing wrong with the before at all - but is sure looks updated and fresh now! I LOVE the mirror!! I love checking out bedrooms as I am desperate for inspiration for mine!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...