Sunday, January 8, 2012

New Art for my Black and White Guestroom



Hi Friends!  A while back I redecorated my guest bedroom on a shoe-string budget, but was missing some art for the wall opposite the bed.  I tried framing some of my son's art, but nothing was quite right or really in keeping with the theme of the room.

Recently, I found this piece and knew it would look great so I went ahead and purchased it (a bargain by the way!).  Here she is in her new home:



I thought I might be unhappy with the lack of color in this room; however, it is a rather peaceful and tranquil space and gets a lot of light from one huge window.  My younger son often sleeps in here because he loves the bed, and this room often finds our Golden Retriever laying by the window in the warm sun.



linking:


 

15 comments:

  1. Your bedroom looks super. I love it all. The new pictures are fantastic. The black and white is so pretty. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would lay by the window and soak up the sun too! What a fantastic room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw your link on Debbiedoo's Newbie Party. I too am a Newbie. Your room is beautiful. Come visit at Suppersyoungansthangs.blogspot.com,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the black and white look you've done. It's smart. I think you made a great choice on the art for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really like the black and white. It's a great looking space.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great piece of art work! It add so much to the room!
    dee dee

    ReplyDelete
  7. The room is beautiful! I love color but I also love black and white. This is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This room is beautiful. So peaceful and serene... a very welcoming space for guests. Nice job!

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  9. Black and white is so classic! i'm real into it these days. Especially with gray and a touch of pink! Your room looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the black and white guest room.
    -Kim :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. My favorite colors are black and white, fantastic guest room decorating! Love your new black and white picture too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a lovely room...your guests must never want to leave!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautiful!! I love black and white!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great guest room! Love that print!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful room, Steph! Love the black/white combo! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...