Friday, January 20, 2012

Organizing a Bookshelf


Hi Friends!  A few years ago I had a built-in bookcase made from a 1970's style "wet-bar" in our family room.  Thanks to a bit of creativity on my part and a fantastic carpenter, this lovely bookcase became a reality for us.  The back of the shelves are beadboard, with some great detailing on the posts.  :)

However, the other day I was looking at it, and it looked pretty disheveled...like so:



The surface was piled with random objects, books and just a few of the charging cords that seem to lurk all over the house (argh)...


So I took a few minutes, removed a few things and found proper homes for the others and within about 15 minutes it looked like this:


I know nothing of restyling shelves.  I realize that these could look even more awesome and coordinated, but frankly I have never understood the need to go purchase things for shelves just so that they look pretty:  aren't they REALLY made to be functional?

Big payoff for a small bit of my time...


Thanks for reading!



linking:



4 comments:

  1. How lovely....I'd like to invite you to share this @CountryMommaCooks Link&Greet party....going on now-Sunday....Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shelving looks great....amazing how just moving things around makes things more aesthetically appealing. Shelves! Do we ever have enough, I know I am always wishing for more.I am now a follower of your blog and look forward to return visits. I invite you to join me as well on my blog at http://atastefultouch.blogspot.com
    Hugs, Gayle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can never have enough shelving and yours looks fabulous! Thanks for sharing. This is my first visit to your special space, I will follow on my way out as I am sure I will enjoy engaging and supporting your special place now I have found you,I hope you will find the some time to come visit me some time. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...