Saturday, January 7, 2012

Simple Chair Refreshing


Hi Friends!  I have had a good first week of 2012-ate well, lived as simply as possible, and got a bit accomplished both at work and at home.

A while back, I had replaced a computer chair in our family room with another because this one began looking so shabby.  The wood was getting all gunky and discolored and the straw/rope seat began falling apart.  However, one of my sons complained that the "new" chair (actually an antique bought many years ago at a little shop in Tustin) was uncomfortable and wanted the "old" chair (pictured below) back.

Although I considered painting the chair, in the end I decided to work with a simple wood refinisher and then used paste wax over that to improve the wood tone a bit...



This darkened the wood slightly.  Then I re-glued the portions of the seat pad with Gorilla Glue, and the placed a fun cushion on top.

Voila!  I had already had all supplies on hand and it took very little time to improve the chair in a simple, easy way.


The chair cushion blends well with our black computer station and is more comfortable for all.



Please read my next post, as I also wanted to share one of my Christmas gifts...


Happy weekend,
Steph.

linking:



7 comments:

  1. Great job. The chair looks good as new. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty chair. Thanks so much for sharing with the newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your chair is increible! I love the new fabric! BTW....I would love it if you would stop by and join our "Impossible Challenge."

    blessings,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the fabric you chose! You did an excellent job! I'm your newest fan. Please stop by bellanest.blogspot.com if you get a chance! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore that chair. Great job! Also, I love the statement about how you lived simply. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a neat way to refresh a chair. I like the colors in the cushion. I'm a new follower, please drop by for a visit when you have a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning makeover...love the new seat...pretty fabric!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...