Monday, January 16, 2012

Word for 2012: SIMPLE



SIMPLE....
sim·pler\-p(ə-)lər\sim·plest\-p(ə-)ləst\


Definition of SIMPLE

1: free from guile : innocent

2a : free from vanity : modest b : free from ostentation or display...



3: of humble origin or modest position

4a : lacking in knowledge or expertise

5a : sheer, unmixed b : free of secondary complications

6: free from elaboration or figuration

7a:  not subdivided into branches or leaflets

8: not limited or restricted : unconditional

9: readily understood or performed
 

All of my Personal Goals for 2012 embody simplicity:

1. Be Thankful. Be Grateful. This means thanking my Creator and it means thanking people more and more. Being grateful for all I've got.




2. Be more Present for my Family. This means less busy-ness. This means helping my two children to overcome the unique challenges that they currently face. I have recently made a decision to give up a huge commitment so that I can dedicate more to them.



3. Live Simply. This means living closer to the Earth, more sustainably. Cooking and eating simply. Not over- scheduling myself. Taking more time to reflect upon what is really important. Not trying to keep up with anyone in any way.



4. Be Healthy. This means improving my fitness slowly as my injury heals. Losing another 6-10 pounds and then MAINTAINING that (no more yo-yo-ing for me!). Eat whole foods. Get sugar out of our lives.





5. Love More. Want Less. Enough said there. :)


 

simply and gratefully linking here:
http://theletteredcottage.net/word-of-the-year-link-party-2012/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheLetteredCottage+%28The+Lettered+Cottage%29

8 comments:

  1. I just came over from Layla's blog. This is such an inspiring post -- thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you and I think so much alike. #3 is very much my way of thinking. Wonderful goals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Elaine and I agree that we are similar! I LOVE your blog and have been reading it a lot lately. XO, Steph.

      Delete
  3. Dear Step, you have wonderful taste. I am boldly suggest you simplify your life with a little less decor copying - you're doing fine on your own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gail! I appreciate the feedback. I am comfortable with my style-just loved the simplicity of Diana's table. :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Steph! Really glad to have found your blog and have been enjoying a good read of several of your posts! I wrote this earlier in the month which you may find interesting on a similar theme? http://naturalmothersnetwork.com/natural-parenting/ways-reduce-stress/
    I'm hosting a weekly linky over at Natural Mothers Network which is all about seasonal celebration and would love it if you popped over and linked this post! It would be great to introduce your blog to my subscribers! Seasonal Celebration Linky http://naturalmothersnetwork.com/seasonal-celebration-sunday/seasonal-celebration/ Really hope to see you there! Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebecca! I am a little late, but linked up. Off to read more! :)

      Delete
  5. Steph thank you very much for placing this post on Natural Mothers Network's linky: Seasonal Celebration! You helped make Seasonal Celebration a wealth of intelligent, creative and resourceful information and it's been such a pleasure for me and many others to read through each post. I am really looking forward to seeing you again Sunday evening or Monday! Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...