Wednesday, February 8, 2012

New Bedskirt....


 It is amazing how a little detail can add so much.  I mentioned in my Home Goals post, albeit a kind of afterthought, that I needed a bedskirt for the Guest Room bed, and VOILA!  The deed is done.  CHECK.

:)

I have list "issues" (though they are not as bad as my topiary issues.).  I like to check things off and get them done.  Perhaps it is because so much of my professional job cannot be reduced to a simple list, or maybe it is just because I am ADD (btw, the ADD was completely post-childbirth-onset) or too busy or something else entirely (yes, I am a Type A)... but most of you all know there is such satisfaction in accomplishing tasks.

So I had the little task of finding a bedskirt for the guestroom bed on my list last week. 
I considered designing one myself, but in the end was simply too strapped for time not to mention that I do not know how to sew...

So I went on the hunt for a white or black tailored-but-natural looking-dust-ruffle.

Fortunately it was not too much to ask and the price was perfect....so here she is in beautiful black....

I love this room.  It is one of the most peaceful spots in the house. 


A few months back, I switched out a heavy white duvet for this old matelasse bedspread that I had stored in the linen cupboard for some time.  I like it much better for this room.


Overall, the guest room is one of the spaces I have decorated with which I am the most happy.  It has truly been done on a dime and it's one of my best yet (meaning, not by designer standards...just that I like it).  This really does prove that money has nothing to do with spaces that make you feel good, doesn't it?


Thanks for stopping by!

linking:

7 comments:

  1. So, how do I make my reservation? Ha ha. What a beautiful and tranquil guest space! I am your newest blog follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely, I especially like the black bedskirt, it really grounds the bed. We also have a coastal/beach feeling in our gust room, I guess we are trying to make our guests more relaxed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessica I meant to comment the other day that your home is gorgeous! I am originally from Walnut Creek. Love NorCal!

      Delete
  3. I LOVE this!!! My party just started...I would LOVE to have you stop by and share your projects!!! XO Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!! Thanks for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Often while looking at your bed room, the first thing that catches your eye is the bedspread. And, when it comes to bed spreads in Dubai, the swanky yet traditional collection of the city can give every other place, a run for it. If planning to shop some real fine clothed bed sheets, Dubai reckons you with arms wide open.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...