Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Orange Juice Cake


Last week we had several oranges from our organic navel orange tree that needed to be used up before leaving town.  So I squeezed them and made an OJ cake.  Not horribly unhealthy, either.  Here are the ingredients:

1C OJ
1 stick of butter
1 egg, room temperature
a scant 1C of splenda/sugar blend (this is what I used because of my son who was going to be eating it...honey or sugar could be easily used here instead)
1C plus 2T white wheat flour
3t. baking powder
1/2t. baking soda
1/4t. sea salt

I love simple recipes.  Mix the ingredients up properly, place in prepared square baking pan (I used my 9x9inch) and bake at 350 for 20-25ish minutes.  :)

Place on a pretty plate, cake stand or platter... 



After tasting it (very good!), I served it with light whipped cream to the three guys.


YUM.

linking:


2 comments:

  1. Nice photo! Will have to try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. visiting from the tatertots & jello party- oh.my.goodness! I've never heard of an OJ cake, but I'm definitely going to try it now!! pinning this on Pinterest now ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...