Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A wee bit o' green for March...:)


Hello and Happy March!  :)

Last year, I took an old St. Patrick's Day wooden wreath that I was ready to dispose of somehow and decided to paint it and glam it up a bit (the post for the redo is here if you are interested).

Anyway, this year I added a bow from some leftover ribbon and attached to wreath to the front door:


I have not made any progress on my fireplace remodel, but since I am continuing to live with the red brick (for now) I decided to add some touches of green to see how it might look in honor of March... 

I LOVE green, but I really don't have much green decor in my house...


It is my goal to "shop the house" for these little mantle vignettes.  Why should I shop and purchase new "stuff" when I can simply rethink what I already have?  So I looked around for some green items, attached a simple green (Christmas) ribbon to my wreath on the mirror, moved some plants around, and (happily) moved on from the LOVE decor.


Artwork by youngest son, years ago...





I dismantled the shelf from the light window-pane green mirror that used to hang in the boys' bathroom and placed it against the fireplace for a funky look.  If you look closely you can see reflection of the back of my dog laying in the family room (LOVE her!).


3 comments:

  1. I love your St. Patrick's Day wreath and your fireplace display. :) Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. your wreath on the front door cheered me up. Spring can't be too far away when St Pat's is almost here, right?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...