Monday, March 5, 2012

Boys Bathroom REVEAL!!!

Hi Friends!  I am excited to finally show some "after" photos of my boys' partial bathroom makeover.  For those of you interested, here are the BEFORE photos.  :)  The bathroom had sprung a leak, so we needed to move forward on it and it was long overdue!

I'm warning you....it's masculine.  The boys are now 16 and 18, and the bathroom also serves the guest room.  It was formerly a Polynesian theme and before that...Beatrix Potter!  Now it is all grown up (sniff)!


Our home was built in the late 1970s, and had been a model home at the time.  The builder had upgraded all of the vanity countertops to a high end Corian product that looks and feels a lot like Carrera marble.  If any of you have been reading this little blog for any length of time, you know that I am ALL for reusing and recycling and NOT about replacing things that work already.  Because of this, we had left the vanity intact, simply painting it white and adding bronze hardware.


New flooring is a vinyl product (I did NOT want any grout in this bathroom!!!) called Allure in Pacific Pine from the Home Depot.  It really does look like a hardwood floor.  :)  We added larger baseboard mouldings as well, which I love.

Area rug purchased from One Kings Lane.


New towels from Target.  We kept the shower door (it works well for boys who don't want a frilly shower curtain) and I recycled the towel holder.  The small Spanish-style mirror on the wall was bought at a Pier One many years ago.  It had been in the master bath over the tub and I simply moved it.  :)




New faucet in bronze by Moen.  The old faucet will most likely be moved to our powder room downstairs.



Stacks of washcloths for the boys...


A few accessories...



Canvas print above the new toilet is from Target...I like the subtle browns in the pattern which blend in well with the bathroom's bronze touches... 


I moved a basket in to store my older son's grooming supplies that he tends to spread out everywhere!

New soap dispenser...Oh how I love you....



A pretty orchid...




The room is tiny, but I attempted to get a shot from the opposite angle.  I plan to frame out the large mirror with MirrorMate as soon as I can measure and order the product! 


Thanks for coming on the little tour!  Please tell me what you think!  :)



linking:

 

6 comments:

  1. Oh I adore your boys bathroom. It looks great!

    I hope you'll stop by my blog. I am hosting a giveaway for a $50 Kirklands gift card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks fabulous. I love the clean lines and your colors and accessories. Perfect. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful re-do - the boys must be thrilled; maybe not as much as you, but still.........

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful job! Love all of the accessories and that flooring is fantastic. I'm visiting from the TT7J wrap-up party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!
    ... perfect for your two boys :)

    Greetings from Australia♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Find House Painters in Brisbane, Gold Coast. Shine Painting offers Interior Exterior Painting.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...