Monday, March 12, 2012

Faucet Love

Sometimes a detail can make such an impact, even if it is a bit subtle. 

So when our kitchen faucet began falling apart and leaking....
I took advantage of the opportunity to get one more my style.

:D


Here is the BEFORE:



Fairly standard and worked okay for many years, actually, but then leaking kept on and parts became much  less solid/stable...


AFTER: thing o beauty...


Happily, I was able to save the stainless steel sink...


It reminds me of a faucet from the 1920s and is finished in polished nickel...


I will give away the old faucet because someone may be able to fix it up or even use it in it's less than perfect state...it's certainly NOT going into the landfill...

I am also going to repaint the kitchen walls as I am tired of yellow after so many years!  I do LOVE my white painted kitchen cabinets even though I have to touch them up on occasion.  I will always have a white kitchen! 



With the kitchen sink faucet also came friends:  new fixtures (to replace old leaking and yucky ones) for our Master Bathroom Remodel (finally!) which I hope to begin at the end of the month.  Inspiration photos from over a year ago (!) here.

linking:





21 comments:

  1. I love it. Looks so nice. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Kitchen Faucet - I think I love you. While you look perfectly content in your new home, of you ever want a change of pace and a new place to spray around, come on over. You're invited anytime. :)

    LOVE ur new faucet. Signed, Faucet Envy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your happiness is something only new
    faucet lovers can appreciate... I too
    had a new faucet installed this past
    year and you would think I won the
    big lottery...
    Very nice indeed
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful faucet, and I love that someone will reuse the old one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your new faucet is GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty new faucet! Reminds me that I need to replace mine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous change. I adore that faucet!

    Cheers!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, your before is MY current faucet that is leaky and broken in spots and just a big mess! But my sink needs replacing too, and my counter is not my forever counter...and therefore, it's a bigger project to replace mine than it was to replace yours! So I will live with mine and you can enjoy your thing of beauty! I enjoyed your blog. Stop by and visit mine sometime (and leave a comment?) too!

    Michelle
    New England Style

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore your new faucet! We have a similar one at our place!

    It goes beautifully in your gorgeous kitchen-I love your view out that window!

    Best wishes and happy weekend,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I'm in faucet-love! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stopping by from Transformation Thursday! http://queenofsavings.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. That really is an elegant faucet. Thanks for sharing at Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the new faucet~Thank you for linking up at Feathered Nest Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sometimes, the best things come when there's something that needs to go. In your case, the new faucet that you have gave your kitchen a luxurious look! And the better thing about it is that the old faucet will not be put to waste. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. There are some cases wherein you need to give up something in order to get something better, and I'm pretty sure the new faucet you installed in your home would serve you better than the old one. If the damage cannot be fixed, then, replacing it with a new one would be a viable option.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...