Hello! I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter weekend. Our weather was fantastic, and I found myself starting a "spring cleanup" of our little backyard. I've a ways to go, but it felt so good to start getting it in order.
I wanted to share that I began taking cuttings of existing geraniums to see if they would take root. Kind of an experiment if you will.
I took three cuttings and placed them in a mason jar in the kitchen window for several weeks. Once the weather warmed up a bit, I placed the jar outside, adding to the water level as needed.
It took several weeks, but roots finally began to sprout!
Below are the newly transplanted cuttings. One of them is actually blooming.
Once they take off, I will transplant them into larger pots with alyssum or other small flowers.
Our patio was a mess and I still need to do so much, but at least it felt clean enough yesterday to eat dinner outside. I also planted some impatiens.
This kalanchoe above was planted LAST summer and here is how it looks after being in the yard all winter...a little wild but I like it. :)
Yesterday for Easter, my husband gathered up these lilies from the yard for me. I stood them in a tall upright jar (actually my sprouting jar) and tied a simple ribbon.
It's the little things that make me happy. :)