Sunday, April 15, 2012

Trip to the Long Beach Antique Flea Market

amethyst jar purchased at the flea market filled with a few roses from the backyard...

Hello and I hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend!  Our weather was gloomy Saturday, but Sunday has been fabulous.

My older son and I took off early for the Long Beach Flea Market.  I had never been.  It's held on the third  Sunday of each month.

I did not take too many shots because it was crowded and we were so busy looking at everything!  However, you can get an idea of the flea market from the few shots I did take below...

vintage books and typewriter...



shabby chic style painted antiques...


very cool old cameras!


sculptures of birds made from frying pans, rakes, hammers, garden tools, etc... 


funny stuff!  I loved this artist and bought one of the small birds...


groovy metalworks...


I loved these industrial tables on rollers made from scrap metal and actually purchased this one for my younger son's room.  I have promised him a "lounge" and this will be his "coffee" table.  I love it so much I am planning to design the room around this piece.....
after we finish the master bath remodel, that is.  :)

It will likely not happen until my summer break from work, but that also gives me time to dream up the plan for the space!

Hope you enjoyed this mini-tour!

sharing:


2 comments:

  1. I love the vase and flowers, plus that amazing cart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My local flea market never has such great looking items as this.

    Really love the camera collection and those shabby chic chairs.

    Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...