Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Amazing Kale


Hello Friends!  Today I thought I would share my love for Kale.  This green is a powerhouse of nutrition (for more info please read this article), helping to boost immunity and heart health.  It contains  powerful antioxidents/carotenoids, calcium, maganese, Vitamin C, plant protein, and the list goes on...

I don't believe that kale is difficult to grow, either.  Like swiss chard, it is a pretty green to see sprouting from Mother Earth...

Since joining our CSA a year ago, I have been in love with this leafy green.  Yes, it has a somewhat strong flavor, but it will grow on you, believe me!  :)

I like raw kale, but it can also be cooked into kale chips as well as incorporated into soups and other dishes. 

Recently, I posted a recipe for Kale and Potato Casserole...


I also love Kale Salad, especially during the summer...




Most recently I have begun experimenting with kale in smoothies.  The drink pictured below was a combination of citrus, frozen banana and about 3 kale leaves.  It tasted great!






linking:

1 comment:

  1. LOVING the kale smoothies...i'm way too lazy to do the salads, etc...
    might as well make a casserole and souffle in my book....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...