Sunday, June 10, 2012

Master Bathroom Renovation (reveal!)


Hi Friends! 

Here is our bathroom renovation!  I am still awaiting the installation of the window treatments, and we are changing the overhead lighting slightly after our son's high school graduation, but I wanted to start getting the bathroom organized finally.  I apologize for my photography...I seriously need a tripod and a wide angle lens would have helped.  But at least you will get the idea of the room.  :)

The renovation took 2 months...basically I designed the bathroom and a very talented contractor worked with me on every detail. 

Click here for some before shots of our bathroom in all it's 1970s glory!  :D  I started blogging about wanting to re-do our master bath years ago.  Some of my inspiration photos are posted here as well as on pinterest.  Years ago (I mean years ago!), I was very inspired by a piece I had read about Barbara Barry's home in LA.  I was just mesmerized by her use of dark wood coupled with bright and simple white.  While my style is not as contemporary as Barbara's, I always knew I would want a dark floor and white walls for my bathroom transformation.  So, that's what I did!  :) 

OK, onward we go......:)

The biggest change is that we replaced our awful tub and tile surround with free standing tub.  New beadboard and more substantial mouldings create texture and interest.


 I have tried to inject a bit of glamour into the space with some silver accessories, but I have also used natural, woven baskets.  The tile floor is beautiful and is made to look like hardwood.


We added sconces to the tub area and a double towel bar rack in polished nickel.


When the old tub was removed, there was quite a bit of wasted space, so I decided to add some shelving.  The contractor was great at creating this open cabinet.  Originally I was going to add a skirt to the bottom section (and I still might), but I found two matching baskets at IKEA that fit perfectly and tie in nicely with the floor and mirrors.








Below are our two sinks.  We kept the original sinks, countertop and vanity area intact.  We ripped off the overpowering expanse of mirror and replaced it with a total of three smaller mirrors.  We also replaced the sink fixtures with new fixtures in polished nickel.




I decided to hang this seahorse sculpture between our two sink mirrors.  He used to hang in our boys' bathroom before we updated it.  I bought this guy in beautiful Dana Point.


More silver accents....



The vanity side of the bathroom is below...we have a ton of storage in this bathroom!  A natural woven blind will be installed on the window here as well as in the shower area.



Shower area below...


Shower tile is white subway tile, with carerra marble flooring and insert/bench.


On top of the water closet I placed a few pretty items...


It took 2 full months for this project from start to (nearly) finish, but it really has been worth it!

Paint colors are Old Prairie by Ben Moore and Whisper by Dunn Edwards for all of the beadboard, trim and cabinets. 

I hope you enjoyed the tour!  :)


linking:

36 comments:

  1. How gorgeous I am so jealous..........I would love for you to share this at my Link party @ CountryMommaCooks.....have a great week : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, this is totally unreal. Gorgeous. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marty! I loved your post about the farm produce. XO

      Delete
  3. You did an amazing job!! That's a beautiful bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is soooo pretty. I can just imagine a bubble bath in that tub with the candles lit... sigh...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.....I know, I have not tried it out yet but I will soon. :)

      Delete
  5. Truly beautiful! Love everything - from your new tub, bead board, built ins, even that so cute sea horse. Amazing job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for joining and following! XO

      Delete
  6. Very nice! Love that tub!!! Visiting from Marty's Table Top Tuesday party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your bathroom makeover is gorgeous! What a lovely transformation. Love all the storage.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, wow, this is so pretty. You have the tub I want. I want to take out my monster tub with surround and get a tub like yours. Hubby said after he is gone. He is so funny. Thanks for sharing at Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is beautiful, Steph! I love it! That tub is amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's so chic...i would love to have a bathroom like this someday!
    Linsey

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so beautiful and peasceful. I like the little touched with the toile bench and the soaps. Just a stunner. Love the tub too.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely space you designed and created! I love the dark and white contrast too ... and your tub is a serious focal point and just beautiful!

    :)

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your master bath is absolutely gorgeous!So beautiful and your photos are stunning. Stopping by from My Romantic Home.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I dream of a bathroom this beautiful!!! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks great! I’d love it if you’d link up to TA-DA TUESDAY <3 from your newest follower I’d be delighted if you’d follow back!
    ~Misty
    413 Sparrow Lane

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful space! That tub looks amazing. Megan

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! I love your bathroom. The slipper tub is GORGEOUS! Plus I love your use of darks and lights..
    I'll be pinning a bunch of your pics for inspiration! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. FABULOUS!! Crossing my fingers you'll share at my party! Saturdays at Seven!

    XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous! I love white bathrooms. And I love beadboard...very inspiring makeover. Congratulations on your beautiful new bathroom.

    Sharon @ mrs. hines class

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is gorgeous. I dream of a deep tub like that for someday. You did such a beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great bathroom! Wonderful job....enjoy it!!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you so much for sharing your reno of your bath. This is what we are getting ready to do this summer. I absolutely hate that big catty-cornered tub -- it takes up the whole room! This is exactly what I am planning.

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the whole bathroom but the tub is stunning. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  24. THANK YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH!!!! I am not used to all these comments. Thanks kindly. This bathroom has been a long time in coming and has stretched my limited design skills, but we are really happy with the result. XO, Steph.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Nice Post about Master Bathroom Many peoples like beautiful bathroom

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow.....This is the incredible renovation done and this is looking attractive and awesome. There is a good combination of lighting and designs. This is great work and creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Really awesome! I love to see this post. It is too impressive.

    bathroom renovations calgary

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...