Monday, June 25, 2012

Orzo Salad: Perfect Summer Dish


Hi Friends!

I made this exceptionally tasty salad for my son's graduation party and thought I would share the recipe with you today.  It is served at room temperature (or cold) and is a perfect summer salad.  My mom shared this recipe with me years ago.

Here are the ingredients:

1 box of orzo, cooked (hot)
1C chopped sun dried tomatoes
1 small jar of roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
8 ounces of fat free feta cheese
1C or so of fresh chopped Italian parsley

Dressing:
6 basil leaves
3garlic cloves
1/2C EVOO
2T lemon juice
1 t. pepper
1/2t. salt

First, puree the dressing ingredients and set aside.  Place the hot cooked orzo into a bowl and pour the dressing over it, mixing well.  Cool to room temp.
Place rest of ingredients into the bowl and mix in well.
This is best if it sits in the fridge overnight and is then restored to room temperature before serving.  Taste it and adjust the seasonings if needed.

Feel free to add more veggies and change up the dressing or add extra.  This last time I used a light champagne vinegarette instead of the recipe above and it was great.



Let me know if you try it!  :)

linking:

3 comments:

  1. yum, this sounds amazing, I have never used orzo,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lot like rice, but it's actually pasta. :) I forgot to add that you can add calamata olives if you like...I just happen to not love those. :D

      Delete
  2. This looks awesome and perfect for summertime!

    I am pinning it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...