Monday, July 16, 2012

Homemade "Yogurtland"



I don't know if ya'll are anything like me, but sometimes summer just screams "Frozen Yogurt!"

Thanks to this gift I have been able to create a homemade version of Yogurtland for my family.  I like this because it is less expensive, less wasteful (landfill from containers, etc), and I can control the ingredients (organic fruit, nonfat yogurt, honey, etc).

Here is how I do it....

Take about 1C nonfat plain Greek yogurt, 2-3C frozen berries (here, I used strawberries), and about 1/4-1/3C honey or sugar (I have also used Stevia here)....I like mine tart, but if your children like it sweet, just add a bit more honey or sugar...

THREE ingredients, folks!


Blend using a high powered blender until the desired consistency has been achieved.

Voila!  Below, I added a few semi-sweet chocolate chips for my son.


This yogurt tastes like a fabulous dessert and is high in protein plus a great serving of fruit.  The cost is about half that of the yogurt shop.

I call that a win!  :D

linking:

3 comments:

  1. Bionova provides product of Carrot oil. Bionova Life Sciences is the carrot oil manufactures in India. Carrot seed oil very useful for skin lightening & hair fall treatment.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...