Wednesday, August 29, 2012

A few changes to the Dining Room


Hi Friends!  I thought I would share a couple of small changes I have made to our dining room this summer.  This feels like "pre-fall" decorating.  I really would like to completely redo this room at some point  (see my dining room PINTEREST BOARD to see what I have had in mind!) but a few little improvements should keep me going a while longer.  Can anyone relate?  :D

First up, this room has a vaulted ceiling and morphs into our living room so I have left the wall color and trim neutral-ish.  The walls are Behr "Harvest Brown" and the trim throughout our entire home is Dunn-Edwards "Whisper."  


I found this great table runner at Target earlier this summer.  I like the contrast of this yummy green with the other elements in the room:


Mums to remind me of cooler weather to come (it is currently in the 90s in SoCal!):



I bought this upholstery fabric from a remnant shop for $3 a yard!  I have enough to cover all 6 chairs in the room, but I felt that might look too matchy-matchy, so I left two chairs in their funky cheetah print.  I know it's unorthodox and I may change it but for now I can't seem to bring myself to do it.    


I rearranged some of the artwork in the room and added this antique mirror (formerly from our ENTRY ) simply because I hate not using it since it is a family heirloom.  I realize it is too much of a contrast with the square pieces next to it, so it may go soon.  My younger son told me it reminds him of the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland.  (I don't think that was a compliment!):


One of the new additions this summer is this pair of buffet lamps from Ballard Designs.  I chose the lampshades in burlap, and think the room feels more earthy and casual as a result:



Some of our wedding china is stored on this console that was purchased at Pottery Barn years ago:



Here is a shot looking back towards our front door...this is what an open concept home looks like:


And looking at the room straight-on:


(chandelier from Pottery Barn; lampshades from the former Pierre Deux)
This shot reminds me that Thanksgiving will be here before we know it and my older son will be on his first visit home from college (YAY!).

I hope you enjoyed this little tour of my updated dining room.  

linking:

2 comments:

  1. I like it and think it looks great. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its marvelous. Really inspired with antique decor and especially the big big looking candle stands with huge candles in them.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...