Friday, August 3, 2012

Summer Images and Big Changes ahead...


WOW, this getting my older son ready for college thing has been tough!  I am excited for him, so excited....and also worried, nauseated, sleepless, happy, hopeful....and just about any other emotion one might conjure up.  I am happy to take any prayers.  :)

I know next week will be very full as well so I thought I would post some images from this summer.  Yes, I realize it is only early August, but before you know it I will be packing up lunches for school for myself and my younger son, Jay, and working myself weary again.  I DO so love having summers off!!!  Definitely a huge perk of working in education.  :)

Enjoy the photos.  Some were taken by Jay. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Each day is a gift....that's why it is called the Present, and I have tried to enjoy each moment I have left at home with my older son!


The college boy...



The artist boy...he LOVES his bike and has tinkered with it a tremendous amount this summer.


Together we have... 

shared some great food...




And we have seen some beautiful things...







(below is our front yard urn...)






(...possibly my dream home below if it were a bit more cottage-y...;)


Oh and just putting it out there:  I would really, really LOVE a simple (read:non-roadie, non-racing/triathlon) bike with a basket:


Beautiful Dana Point, below:


a precious Golden girl who smiled for the camera...


sweet wooden boats... 



...sailboats only need apply...



I know the road ahead will be filled with some sad moments as my son moves off to college, but I am also excited to see what lies ahead and where I'm going as a mom.  I am so very grateful to have friends to lean on and a God I trust!





Hope you liked the photos!  :D





linking:

1 comment:

  1. Oh I so remember how anxious I was when my first went off to college. It really is a time of adjustment. Even more so when the last leaves. God Bless. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...