Sunday, September 9, 2012

An Inexpensive Date Night: an Evening Picnic


Hi Friends!  I am back to work (public school district) and feel so spent most nights, so I have been trying to get some extra cooking done on the weekends.  Saturday I roasted a nice free range chicken (directions here) and we decided to take a bit of it to the Dana Point harbor Saturday night to watch the boats come in and to see the lovely sunset.


In addition to the chicken, I cooked and packed up some orzo salad with extra parsley, a bit of good cheese and some crusty French rolls that I had just crisp up in the oven.  All of that plus a lovely merlot.


Here was our view!


The hubby enjoying his food:

...boats coming in...


sunset view...


And all free!  :D  I really cannot think of a better way to spend a weekend night.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...