Sunday, September 23, 2012

Fall Mantle

Hi Friends!  It has been tough to write any blog posts since my job has started up again, and I apologize to any of you who regularly check Balanced Style.  It has been so hot in SoCal that the idea of Fall seems entirely out of the question.  Anyway, I have been negative enough about the heat, so I decided to start the Fall Decor today with our mantle. 

Our fireplace is different from last year because we painted it!  I also changed out the mirror to a less rustic, more glamorous one.  If interested, here is how the mantle looked last year  (I think it looked better for fall decor, but the rust brick had just worn me out after 15 years).  So here is what we've got this year:


Here is how it looked just before changing it out!  This was our summer mantle and I really liked this look in our family room...


To change it, I just added my glamorous Fall Pumpkins from last year and a few other things I had hanging around the house...


(Now that I look at it, I think I should have swapped out the mirror, but I was being lazy...100 degree temps do that to me!)


Little mum in the pot from Home Depot for about a dollar.  The pretty ceramic urn was a gift from one of my closest friends last year for my birthday.  :)


The pretty metallic ribbon on my cement topiary is from Costco.  Their ribbon lasts a lifetime!

That is it for now....I will post my door closer to Halloween time!  I will take prayers, vibes and anything else that might help it cool off here! 



2 comments:

  1. It would take a lot for me to do Fall decorating in that kind of heat! All the same, you made it look quite lovely. ~ Maureen

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...