Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Signs of Christmas 2012


 
 
My gosh but I'm late to every party this year, it seems.  The term "working mother" just does not do it justice, particularly with a job that drains me of absolutely all I seem to have right now.  The tragedy of Friday also hit me hard, especially as a fellow school psychologist was shot in the line of fire...but mostly for those poor parents and surviving school personnel.
 
But here I am now.  Christmas (yes, I will speak that beautiful word, thank you) is upon us, my older son is home from college and in another two days I shall bake cookies.
 
Here are a few humble (and never new, I might add) Christmas decorations  around my house.  Far from the over-achieving and breath-taking blogs I now only occasionally visit, I continue to decorate for Christmas in my own little ways that seem to bring comfort to my family. 
 
 
Our tree continues to be decked with a homemade skirt from my  mom and cheetah ribbon joyfully given to me by my friend Brenda years ago.
 

 
A basket once on sale from Ballard Designs holds Christmas wrapping ready to be used.



 
I like to recycle bows from gifts and tie them to my existing plants to add a festive twist.  Simple and free.  :)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 Stockings hung by the chimney with care  ;)
 
 




 
 
 

 
 
Thanks for visiting.  I realize I am posting so very little now, and hope to have more time for blogging in 2013.  :)
 
Have a wonderful Christmas for those of you who celebrate it!
 
 

 
 
 linking: here and here and to the nester.  :)
 

3 comments:

  1. Well I think it looks great! I know it is hard to have a blog with working and family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Steph,
    Your home is beautiful. Your tree is gorgeous. I love the fireplace of all I have seen and the outside prepares you for the inside...I have never seen a star with a santa claus face like you have outside.
    Take time this Christmas season to get some rest, read a book, and write a chapter or two.
    hugs and prayers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found your blog through The Nester Christmas home tours. You have such a pretty home. Diane

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...