Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Green Tip of the Week!

 
 
Hi Friends!  Whilst discussing Resolutions of New, my youngest son told me on New Year's Eve "Mom, you need to write more on your blog!" 
 
Yes, I have really been struggling to even READ blogs, lately let alone write a post now and then.  And my photography skills, while evidencing some improvement this past summer, have slid back into former status! 
 
But he is right and I need to partake in more activities that bring me joy.
 
SO....my posts will likely be short this year, and my photos of questionable quality, but nevertheless onward we trudge!
 
 
GREEN TIP OF THE WEEK:  SAVE UP ALL REUSABLE WRAPPING AND PASS THE LOVE ON THE NEXT TIME YOU WRAP A GIFT
 
 
 
 
I still have some remaining gift wrap in my possession (like the birthday paper above), but I am gradually moving toward butcher paper, newspaper, and brown craft paper for my wrappings in conjunction with reused ribbon and reused gift bags.  In fact, I have been reusing one gift bag for one of my sons each Christmas for at least 5 years!
 
The ribbon above was part of a thoughtful gift we received this Christmas.  I loved the sheer beauty of this ribbon and decided to use it for my sister's birthday gift, pictured above. 
 
Yes, I did iron the ribbon.  :)
 
 
Below is a photo of some paperwhites I tied up with ribbon from other gifts received.  I mean, why toss such prettiness?
 
 
I will be posting more green tips soon!
 
 
 
linking:


5 comments:

  1. Applause from here for the green thoughts on gift wrapping and reusing ribbons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do this too :) I would love to have you share your posts on The HomeAcre Hop!
    http://www.theselfsufficienthomeacre.com/2013/01/the-homeacre-hop-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do this too! Also, if you have access to the Sunday comics, my children love to get their gifts wrapped in them - they spend a lot of time reading them after the gift is opened!

    I would love to have you share this on Thursdays at Tasty Traditions: http://myculturedpalate.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...