Monday, January 7, 2013

Super Easy Weeknight Dinner for a Working Mom/Wife/Gal!

 
Hellooooo!  Is it cold where you live?  I have been frozen here in SoCal (I realize this is nothing for most people but I honestly am not used to wearing anything but sandals on my feet unless I am out walking in my running shoes!).
 
:)
 
Here is a SUPER EASY and FAST dinner.  The kind that tastes amazing and requires virtually no effort, plus is warm and satisfying on a cold evening. 
 
I actually wrote this down while hearing a woman who works for Trader Joe's speak at a Christian woman's event, but I changed it slightly.  I call it...
 
AMAZING TRADER JOES SOUP:
Empty two cartons of TJ's Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup into your pot (there is a lower sodium version) and begin to heat.
Add 1 bag of TJ's frozen Chimichuri Rice
Do the usual slow boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer thing until it is right.
 
This soup tastes amazing!  My husband likes to add a bit of sour cream on top, but I don't think it needs a thing!
 
 



YUM!
 
Also....if you are lucky enough to own a decent bread machine (in my opinion every working mom should own a high quality bread machine and a high quality rice cooker...but if you can only afford one of these, get the rice cooker!)....
 
throw the ingredients in your bread machine for a nice loaf of hot, homemade bread to go with the soup...
 
If your bread machine has a timing function, use this so that when you walk into your home after working hard all day you smell the wonderful smell of baking bread....then throw the soup together and you are good to go!
 
I hope this is helpful to someone out there...I know I get crazy trying to figure out quick but tasty things for the family on weeknights.
 
Enjoy!
 



1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious! There's no Trader Joe's up here in Canada but I have plenty of snow and cold!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...