Thursday, May 23, 2013

Orange is a Jealous Color

Orange is truly a jealous color.
 
It needs balance.
 
It does not like competition.
 
Below is my new garden stool.
 
 
I have been coveting porcelain garden benches for about 20 years now, but had not yet indulged myself until this week.
 
This one was a bargain (some can be extremely pricey and in upwards of 300 dollars!)
 
I like using bright red and orange in our tiny backyard, because it pairs so well with all the greenery and adds a punch of color.  To see orange and red in the tiny yard from a previous summer please click HERE.
 
 

 
I could use a few new pillows (the bike pillow is a fairly recent addition, however, thanks to ONE KINGS LANE.). 


 
I will be donating some of my old pillows and cushions and adding new ones as I find them.
 
Not to rush.  :)

 
The rose above is from a very old bush in our yard that I am guessing is about 30 years old!  It's my favorite of all our roses-super old fashioned.


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love the orange...it was my mom's favorite color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This fits just where you put it. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...